Disney Village Paris Fans

Disney Village Paris Fans

Saturday 24 October 2015

Interview - Jordi from dlrpfans YouTube Channel

I think it's fair to say that we all get a little bit excited on a trip to Disneyland Paris. One such man is Jordi Desaever, the star of YouTube channel 'dlrpfans'. It wasn't until earlier this year that I stumbled onto the channel, and I have been hooked ever since. While cameraman Filip generally stays behind the camera, Jordi loves being in front of the camera, and he really is a funny guy. Some Disneyland Paris video have that feeling of 'well I've seen this all before' but the videos on 'dlrpfans' are completely different. Although speaking Dutch a majority of the time, Jordi sometimes speaks some English, much to comic effect, and making the videos very humorous. Filip and Jordi clearly have a very good relationship together, which rubs off well in the videos. You can clearly see in the videos that Filip and Jordi both love Disneyland Paris, and clearly know a lot about it. Jordi's on screen antics are so funny that it prompted me to make my own video of what I thought were his funniest moments.

On my most recent trip to Disneyland Paris in October, I couldn't quite believe me luck when I met not only Filip, but also Jordi! We had photos together and had a chat together. Both Filip and Jordi were really lovely people. Hopefully we'll get the chance to meet again on my next trip, and maybe even go on some rides together! It really was a highlight of my trip. Very happy to say that I now have two good friends from Belgium!

As we're all friends on Facebook, I asked Jordi if he would be kind enough to take part in an interview, much to my delight, he was more than happy to.

Enjoy the interview.

Jordi and Me.


Hey Jordi!

Thank you for finding the time to take part in this interview. Let's begin. When did you first visit Disneyland Paris?

Hey! My first visit to Disneyland Paris was a long time ago, when I was about 4-6 months or a year old. I know that we have been to Disneyland for my first communion, which was highly likely my 1st or 2nd visit.

How often do you visit Disneyland Paris in a year?

To the degree that I got older, I started to go more and more. First I went with my parents because I was not old enough. When I was old enough to go on my own to Disneyland Paris, I started to go every 2 to 3 months. On this day, it is monthly.

Many people will know you from the dlrpfans videos on YouTube. When did you first decide to participate in the videos and why?

Yeah that's right, at Disneyland Paris, everybody knows me from dlrpfans. In other parks, they know me from my own YouTube channel, Mr.Themeparkfans. To create such videos with Filip, the decision actually went really quickly, because I was all that took part in the experiment. This was on my very first YouTube channel, which is no longer active. 

Do you have any favourite videos from the dlrpfans channel?

I do not actually have a favourite video, I think they are all good. The videos with the most crazy moments I find super, for example, the time I called to Zurg, selfies, Alice in Wonderland, events like the meet and greets where sometimes I do not know what to do. 

What is your favourite attraction in Walt Disney Studios and why?

Hollywood Tower Hotel (Tower of Terror) I find really super. The story is good, the thrill is good, the picture is completely correct.

Do you have a favourite land in the Disneyland Park?

I do not have a favourite land, but if I had to choose, it would be between Frontierland, Adventureland, and Discoveryland, because there are really good attractions. You can find me a ride on Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, but also a ride on Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones. Discoveryland, there are attractions I could sit on for hours like Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. 

What about a favourite land in Walt Disney Studios?

The new Ratatouille part. There is simply everything. A very nice restaurant, attraction, and shop.

Have you stayed at any of the Disneyland Paris hotels?

Yes, I've stayed at the Hotel New York, Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay Club, and the Hotel Santa Fe.

Do you have a favourite restaurant in Disney Village?

McDonalds and Earl of Sandwich. Those restaurants are not too expensive in terms of price and I think the quality is also very good.

Do you have a favourite shop in Disney Village?

The Disney Gallery, because sometimes you can find things in there that they do not sell in the parks.

I'm a big fan of the music loops in the parks. Do you have a favourite?

Sure enough, the music in Discoveryland.

Have you every visited any of the other Disney parks from around the world, or do you have plans to?

No, never, but I do have plans to travel to another Disney resort.

Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions.

Thank you for the interview.


Me with Filip and Jordi. 


Here is a link to the 'dlrpfans' YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/filipv

This is a link to Jordi's own channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrThemeparkfans

This is my own video of Jordi's funniest moments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLzMo_nc-AE

No comments:

Post a Comment